Mission & Vision
Capital Region Vegan Network’s mission is to empower our community to adopt and maintain a vegan lifestyle through outreach, education, support, and advocacy. We envision a community that embraces healthy and sustainable vegan living on behalf of all beings and our shared earth.
The Board will support the work of Capital Region Vegan Network (CRVN) and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. Appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
- Leadership, governance and oversight
- Developing and implementing CRVN’s strategic plan
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by CRVN for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Approving CRVN’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Identifying and recruiting other Board Members and volunteers
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing CRVN to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring CRVN’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities that CRVN serves
Capital Region Vegan Network Board Members will consider Capital Region Vegan Network a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that Capital Region Vegan Network can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals,
Capital Region Vegan Network expects to have 100 percent of Board Members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity.
Capital Region Network’s Board Members will serve a three-year term to be eligible for re-election. Board meetings will be held monthly and committee meetings will be held as needed. Attendance is also expected at our Annual Member Meeting as well as any special meeting of the Board. On average, participation on Capital Region Vegan Network’s Board of Directors is estimated at 8-10 hours per month.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Capital Region Vegan Network’s mission and who may have a track record of board leadership. Selected Board Members may have achieved leadership or are looking for opportunities to grow in stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her/their accomplishments will allow him/her/them to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members.
Candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Consume a 100% vegan diet
- Willing to become a paid member in good standing of Capital Region Vegan Network
Ideal candidates may have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
- A commitment to and understanding of CRVN’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of CRVN’s beneficiaries
Service on Capital Region Vegan Network’s Board of Directors is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to Board Members’ duties.
If you’d like to join Capital Region Vegan Network’s Board of Directors the first step is filling out the form below. Thank you so much for your interest in supporting this community!